Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hair cut, scooter, swimming & so much more.


I FINALLY did it.....
I gave Brock his first hair cut. 
It was a sad day because once you cut that sweet baby hair
they look so much older and boy was I right.
He even acts older now! haha No but really he does.
Here he is relaxing with his newly trimmed hairdo.
And the best part you can't see is I also chopped off his mullet
(as some of you would be very happy about! haha).
He's still so darn cute though!


Then we took a trip to Walmart to try to find
more LED lights on sale for next year
(because you know I could neve buy them for regular price!)
But I found nothing, except this wonderful little scooter
and it was NOT on sale. Err. 
I thought about ALL
the fun the boys could have scooting around the house.
And after giving it a trial spin in the store
I and they quickly realized
nothing compared to this kind of fun!
They are extremely overpriced, but I splurged.
And they love me for it!


Then it was New Year's Eve.
We did not have plans, nor did I know what
I even wanted to do when Luke got home from work.
But we decided we'd at least go out to eat at our favorite
little cafe/ice cream shop.  We drove there and it was NOT open.
AHHH The kids were hungry and getting a little upset
so I suggested maybe they could get McD's
and Luke and I could get Chipotle.
Sounded like a good idea?
Then Luke proceeded to tell me he was not going to eat at Chipotle.
Well that ended that plan.
So like a good wife and mom I made up this great story
that Mc D's was closed to try and save a hopeful supper together!
It worked....
Then we drove past the American Legion Bar.
I thought we might as well stop (thinking it might be like Litch and have 
good food).  I walked in and started giggling at the resemblance of
a very old school cafeteria with a long buffet line.
Needless to say we walked out of that place too.
Then as we were driving past down town Elk River I looked over and saw an 
enormous Christmas Tree in a quaint little building.
I told Luke I didn't know what it was but we were going to check it out.
It was the BEST move of the night!
A wonderful little pizzeria that makes absolutely the BEST
pizza ever.  We eat pizza a lot so I'm consider myself a good critic
 and nothing tasted better. 
As we sat down, ordered the New Year's special 
that included a couple glasses of champagne (!)
I said a silent little prayer that we came across such a place
on New Year's Eve!
Here's a couple pics from our new pizzeria hangout.


Our kisses on New Year's.


Then Saturday came and we decided to hit the gym and finish up the morning 
by going swimming.  Then Grandma Yvonne, Aunt Erin and Gabe came to visit
and we went swimming again and played games all night!
What a fun New Year's Day.
We were pooped!


Going for a ride on the pool swing!
(Ohhh daddy, looking pretty good! Glad you're mine!)


Before Brock headed to bed he brought Grandma
his 'Pat the Bunny' book (his latest favorite).
What smiles they both have (Brock looks like he's got something red around his lips
and it looks like mom does not have her teeth in!!!!! haha).


Happy New Year!
Now on to a wonderful 2011...

No comments:

Post a Comment